As an Application Specialist, reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will be part of a team that provides world-class technical support and customer service to our clients. In this role, you will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of customer applications in the market, provide marketing support in the creation of collateral to promote our product, and support sales by developing strong relationships with the technical stakeholders of existing and new customers. You will be working directly with customers to understand their technical challenges and recommend the appropriate solution for their specific use case. The ideal candidate is a technologist, electrician, or engineer with a strong interest or established career in customer service or business development.
Samlex is a company that specializes in the development supply of power conversion products. The company's product line started with a small range of power inverters and has since expanded to include converters, battery chargers, power supplies, solar panels, charge controllers, and supporting accessories. Samlex is dedicated to serving a diverse range of industries, including off-grid power, work trucks, wireless communications, recreational vehicles, and custom projects through our OEM programs. With a commitment to innovation, Samlex continues to grow and expand its product offerings to meet the evolving needs of its customers.
• Supports sales team by developing strong relationships with the technical stakeholders of existing and new customers.
• Understands the customers’ technical challenges and provides appropriate solutions.
• Keeps abreast of new products, acquires, and shares competitive knowledge.
• Reports industry trends and customer feedback to management.
• Provides technical support to customers via phone, email, and in-person meetings.
• Evaluates product prototypes and provides feedback to the product development team.
• Contributes to the development of new products and features.
• Delivers training to customers and internal staff on products and features.
• Assists marketing with the writing of application guides and manuals to support the promotion of our products through various media.
• Additional duties to support the success of the Engineering Services team.
• Minimum of Two Years of post secondary education in an electronics or electrical program.
• Minimum of Two Years of industry experience preferred.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
• Strong communication skills and works well in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish is an asset.
• May be required to travel on occasion and must maintain a valid passport.
If you have a passion for customer service and technical sales, and you are looking for an opportunity to grow with a dynamic and innovative company, we encourage you to apply. Please send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our recruitment team will contact select applicants.